Friday, April 9, 2010

Ginger is gone from this earth Friday April 9

Ginger is gone from this earth. She did not make it through the night. The world is a darker place without her bright loving spirit but she is dancing with ears flying on the other side of the bridge, the wind in her face, her nose tilted to catch the scent of birds... oh it is so hard to be without her here. I got up this morning, let out the other dogs and took them for the AM run, down at the bottom of the hill Snoopy came up for her treat at my right side and I then reached to the left to give Ginger her treat, she was not there in body, and I think I knew then because in my heart I saw her sitting there, eyes aglow, eager for her treat ... then Banshee caught the rabbit she and Ginger had been looking for under the chinaberry tree, and DB was harassing her for it, so I went back up the hill quickly to avoid any altercations, got their food, fed and kenneled them, came back inside, my husband then told me the vet had called and my sweet red girl had not made it through the night. The vet said there were no signs of distress or struggle, she had just made the choice for me and gone to sleep and not woken up. I had known in my heart yesterday afternoon, but I had let my head outrule my heart ... Ginger told me to let her go then but her bloodwork was good and I told her that there was a chance to beat the infection again, as she did 2 weeks ago... and she tried, for me. Oh, my sweet red girl, I wish you were still her with me on this beautiful day, but that is not God's will, no, you are dancing with the angels, running with all the other animals in God's beautiful pastures and woodlands.

Thank you all for your love and support, your prayers and messages, my Ginger had a GOOD  3 months since this evil disease was diagnosed, and she had a peaceful passage to the other side, with your love and support.

--
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment