Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday March 8

Yet another beautiful day ... took all for AM run (including Mattie the neighbor dog), Ginger ran half circuit of property, joined us at bottom of hill,  took off Ginger's sweatshirt, took all 5 dogs back up hill to front to look for acorns ... then got food, gave Ginger meds, fed everybody and kenneled my dogs, went to work (had to drive the old truck as my flat tire from yesterday turned out to be unfixable). Return home before dark (and with daylight savings starting next week, we'll have extra daylight, hooray), DB,Banshee and Snoopy met me at gate, went in and changed and got Ginger, took all for evening run (joined again by Mattie), fed and kenneled. Ginger very energetic,  lots and lots of birds to chase, she took off across the back in that beautiful Irish setter lope, ears flying and then came to a dead stop in a perfect 'set' to flush out some (looked like quail, but too far for me to tell) around the wild plum trees ... the early peach trees are blooming, the apples and pears are budding, the birds are nest building, oh, I love springtime, particularly when I get to watch 5 beautiful dogs running and playing in the twilight .... there could be no sight more beautiful to me.

I started these updates when Ginger was first diagnosed and was so ill, I was in despair, searching for a way to ease my pain .... and it  has evolved into a daily meditation on how wonderful life can be if we stop and savor the 'little moments', and will I hope give me strength when Ginger dances over the bridge into the next plane of existence .... thank you all for your help in my journey and Ginger's journey, your prayers and support are making what could have been a horrible experience into one of beauty, peace, and love.



-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment