Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday March 21

Rainy Sunday ... and colder, and windy .... we got spoiled by the beautiful taste of spring ...  gave the dogs a brief AM run, had just gotten to bottom of hill and were heading up the side when it started drizzling, by time made it back to the trailer was raining rather hard ... gave Ginger meds, fed and kenneled the damp but cheerful dogs (hey, what's a little rain, at least Snoopy got a bath of sorts) ... went to church. Stopped raining so husband let dogs out, 3 greeted me at gate and Ginger and Damcat inside ... quickly changed clothes and took them for another run ... dang, starts raining again! This is the story of the day, it seems, every time it stopped raining and I go outside and crank up the mower, it starts again ...finally gave up, took a nap (dogs too, on the enclosed porch, Ginger inside ... no little Mattie today) and finished doing the wash from yesterday (I only got one load done yesterday). Ginger happy and cheerful today, watching her run through the rain on the way back up the hill, she wasnt waiting on ME, that's for sure! Got very windy in early evening, fed and kenneled, brought Ginger inside for evening meds and snack (eggs and ground turkey soup) ... so far, each time she's tried to go out on an evening excursion, it starts raining again... and she turns around and looks at me accusingly like 'why can't you fix this" ... well, my sweet red girl, I can't 'fix' the weather anymore than I can 'fix' the cancer ... all I can do is keep on going, day by day, treasuring the good and plugging away through the bad.. with the sure knowledge that the good will come again ....

The greatest blessing of today, I think, is that two of the folks on one of the dog cancer lists I'm on have also started chronicling the daily 'good times' for their dogs ... I am amazed at the strength and peace that chronicling Ginger's journey has given to me, how concentrating on the good moments (and writing them down) opens our hearts to acceptance and joy.

Thank you all who are sharing this journey with me and Ginger, your prayers, messages and support make it possible to keep on keeping on...

-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment