Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday March 14

Clear and colder ... sprang forward with the time change, took all for AM run, Ginger lively and cheerful, gave her meds, fed and kenneled, went to church ... returned home, it has gotten windy! March winds ripping across the ridge ... let dogs out, went for noontime run, returned, fixed lunch, gave Ginger snack (scrambled eggs). Did a little catching up on computer, read messages of support and love for Ginger, it's now cloudy ... decided to clip the evil vines in the woods (these are horrible vines with thorns that will choke out a forest, they compete with the honeysuckle vines which are bad enough but at least don't have thorns ...) went out to get dogs, all including Mattie were on porch, but where's Banshee? ... she'd been helping my husband clean up garage and  managed to get herself locked in , let her out, she was all huffy , so took all for a run to calm them down; decided to prune wild plums while in back, got started good and ... where's Mattie? ... she had gotten through the fence and was in the neighbor's horse pasture ... not good ... cranked up mower and cart and proceeded to woods for the original plan of cutting evil vines ... this went fine until I managed to get evil vines caught in my coat, wrapped around me, and Ginger, who was sticking to me like glue and was now fastened to me with thorny vines ... managed to extricate ourselves, lugged vines to cart and ... Mattie's gone again, this time through the fence to the other neighbor (the one who really doesn't like dogs ... ck, this is really not good.) Cranked up mower, headed back up hill to where I dump branches to be burned, OK, all dogs here now ... and it starts sprinkling rain ... back to trailer, let Ginger in, others disperse thmselves on porch ...  Ginger tuckered out, naps at my feet while I check email... go to kitchen to fix food, she springs up and comes in for some chicken ...  it's stopped raining and  it's still light at 7 PM! (this time change is exhausting, I never understand why they don't have it in the winter when it gets dark so early ...) I'd take them for an evening run, but, Ginger is tired and the others are READY for supper ... fix food, feed and kennel all dogs (Mattie gave up and went home) ... another good day for my sweet red girl, God is good. Thank you for your continuing prayers, candles and messages of support, they mean SO much to me ... and I know it's helping Ginger continue on her dance through the valley.

-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment