Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday March 23

Gorgeous day! Cool this AM (30's) but bright sunshine ... let dogs out, Ginger took off (still in her green sweater, as it was cold last night), all I could see was her tail as she headed for the corner (that was her old routine, head for the woodsy corner, run along the side fence, do a circuit of the property, meet us dowen the hill ... she doesnt do the whole circuit now, just a half, but enjoys every minute...) threw ball for Snoopy, gave everyone treats, back up the hill for AM meds for Ginger, fed and kenneled. Today I took Banshee with me, to go to the groomer, after my lunch meeting I picked her up, looking pretty, and went to a local senior residence for pet therapy. I'm trying to get back into our normal rouitine, where each dog gets its 'time' with me .... returned home, had husband kennel others as they always are suspicious of Banshee when she's been to the groomer (although I don't let them use perfume, she obviously smells 'different'), kenneled Banshee too, then let all out after a bit. Did some mowing (the purple weedy stuff is vetch, for those who asked ... it looks nice but grows VERY quickly really high and chokes the grass) ... Mattie joined us, we mowed the back awhile but Mattie kept slipping through the fence and harassing the neighbor's horses (not good), so went back to the trailer. Let Ginger inside as she was getting tired (though she gamely keeps up with me, I have to make sure she stops to rest). Went back out at twilight, took all for final run, then fed and kenneled, brought Ginger inside for evening meds (and egg and ground chicken) ... after our supper, she wanted to go out several times and turn on the motion lights, guess I didn't tire her too much .... another good day for my sweet red girl... thank you for your prayers and support ... and candles! I'd like to share with you a few ... 'Ginger-May your days be filled with love, from those near and far and may you be touched by God's healing hand.' and 'Ginger as you dance through the valley I hope you know the strength and love that you are giving others and are receiving in return. You are one special lady!' .... yes, she is indeed a special lady, and I am honored to be a part of her journey ...

--
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment