Saturday, March 27, 2010

PM Saturday March 27

PM Update: After great news from vet, took other dogs on celebratory run around property (our AM run was short and the other girls seemed confused (where's Ginger) and sad ... I fed and kenneled them, then called vet, then went out and gave them the good news and we had a great run. Left to pick up Ginger ... running late as DB got in my car to go with me, got her out, she followed me to the gate ( I think she knew I was going to get Ginger and wanted to come), got out to open gate and DB back in car ... finally got her out and sped off ... and yes, it is possible to make the 40 minute drive in 30 minutes.. got to vet at exactly noon, walked in ... they let Ginger loose and she came runing to me, wriggling and happy as a puppy ... oh joy! The vet staff were crying too .... paid the bill (yikes) and brought Ginger home! She slept the whole way ... got home, let her out (had husband kennel other dogs so they wouldn't mob her) then took her inside for egg, liver water, and her yesterday meds she never got ... then let other dogs out to greet her. Walked around a bit, then took her back inside where she curled up and went to sleep ... and so did I ... I was exhausted. Fixed late lunch for husband (he let me sleep, bless him), he's better today, he and his workers were busy all day ... gave Ginger snack, took her out for brief run (just down the hill and back with the other dogs) ... little Mattie showed up ... Ginger is still tired, let her back in to sleep some more, and I laid down again (wow, I never sleep during the day)... back out for another brief run and a bit of mowing, then let Ginger back in, gave her another snack, fixed dog food... took some pictures on the porch (hopefully will post later), fed and kenneled, let Ginger back in for evening meds ... a good day for my sweet red girl, dancing again .... thank you all so very much for your beautiful messages and prayers last night ... here are a few to share ...'Tonight my heart aches as I read your update. I cried as I read about Ginger's crisis...and I pray 'Please God, give her the strength to fight this beast!!!' You & Sweet Ginger have become a part of my extended family....Love & Healing Hugs to you and Beautiful Ginger'.... 'I have lit a candle...to send guardian angels to watch over Ginger of the Flying ears!!!! Ginger-may God's hand touch you so you will bounce back better than ever. Fly on beautiful girl! Angels are sent to watch over you always'....'To Ginger, A red candle for our red lady. You keep dancing girl !!'....'I have lit a candle... and look forward every night to reading about Ginger's day. Dance on, Beautiful Ginger..everyone is praying for you.'....  Your support and love helped me (and Ginger) get through the night, and make it to this beautiful day ... God is indeed good, to have sent us such wonderful friends and supporters!


--
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment