Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday March 3

In yesterday's update, I posted early because of the weather, and some of you didnt get my good news! Oncologist office  called, Ginger's WBC is up to 15,000, which is normal, no need to continue antibiotics!

Today was cold and cloudy. A problem this AM, husband went to let dogs out while I fixed food, as I was feeling slightly ill and running late .... he came to the door with Ginger and Banshee, he had rekenneled DB and Snoopy as after he let them out he went back to close the kennel doors and the dogs followed, causing a 'clump up' ... and Snoopy attacked Banshee. (You may recall a similiar incident frommy Feb.9 post.) Banshee not injured. I let Ginger in, gave her meds, then made mistake of going and letting Snoopy and DB out again, Snoopy tried to jump Banshee again... so. Ginger her usual ladylike self, ignoring the altercations, fading quietly away (reminds me of myself, as this is exactly how I deal with raised voices and unpleasantness, I fade away until it's over)... Enough of this. I kenneled Banshee, left Ginger inside, ran DB and Snoopy, kenneled them, got Banshee and Ginger, fed everybody, awhile later went out and gave Banshee and Ginger a run... Ginger running beautifully today, loping along, ears streaming ...  Let Ginger back inside, went to work. Husband reports he let dogs out in pairs, kept Banshee and Snoopy separated,  (good idea) during the day, then kenneled DB,Banshee and Snoopy until I got home. As it was near dark, and I didnt have time for an evening runin pairs, I took Ginger to kennels then fed everyone, then brought Ginger inside for evening meds. She still ravenous, so I gave her extra canned food and eggs.

Sometimes dealing with a multi-dog household can be difficult. And, I understand the stress all are under, and yesterday with the bad weather they didn't get their usual exercise. Hopefully everything will setle down by tomorrow ... Ginger is doing so well, having such a grand time, but I need to be mindful of the needs of the rest of the dogs too... I've been trying to keep the routine as near normal as I can. Prayers for the rest of my pack, and the Damcat, are appreciated


To those of you who lit candles for Ginger on the candle site at http://www.gratefulness.org , thank you! I am touched by your kindness and compassion, and those flickering lights will surely help protect and strengthen my sweet red girl ... thank you all for your continued prayers and support.

-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment