Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday March 24

Beautiful day again! Peach trees, plum and forsythia in bloom,
Bradford pears too ... Ginger lively and cheerful... let all out for
AM run, meds for Ginger, fed and kenneled, went to work ... husband let out shortly thereafter, as he had to go into town around lunchtime ... I returned late afternoon, Ginger inside, all others including Mattie greet me at gate and accompany me to trailer, change clothes, get mower, let Ginger out and cut branches for an hour or so ...
Mattie steals Snoopy's ball, mad chase ensues, Ginger follows me from tree to tree (I'm doing the pears and crepe myrtle and a couple of  scrub oak on the far side tonight) and scratches her back luxiourously on the low branches (before I lop them off), DB and Banshee are investigating the woodpile for mice (Ginger not interested, so I bet there are no mice). Return to porch, get some coffee, sit with all 5 dogs ... all of a sudden Ginger spots a bird and takes off like a shot, followed by DB, Banshee and Mattie (there's no ball involved, so Snoop stays on the porch) ... oh for a video camera of Ginger leading the pack across the field (which is still covered in vetch, as I haven't mowed yet ... it is lovely stuff, bright green with purple flowers ...with a beautiful red dog leaping through it ... ) they all return, panting, for a long drink of water (Ginger goes first, the others wait for her, Mattie last) draining the bucket dry ... I give everyone a treat, go inside and get food, then feed and kennel ...bring Ginger back for evening meds, sit on porch awhile more, husband joins us, Mattie still hanging around hoping for more fun, sniffs Ginger, licks her muzzle, then stations herself at my other side ...
Ginger lies on the porch at our feet while we watch the sunset ...
then inside for meds and snack (eggs) and human supper. Ginger licks our plates, and now is snoozing on her couch. A beautiful day for my  sweet red girl, As I sit typing my nightly report, I am so very
thankful to be blessed with such wonderful friends, both here and
across the world, who love my Ginger as I do, and who send such lovely messages (which I read aloud to Ginger, you know...) of support and thanksgiving. God is good...
-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment