Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday March 13

Beautiful sunny morning ... I overslept, husband let dogs out and Ginger in, she woke me up ... got up, slugged down coffee, dressed, fixed dogs food, gave Ginger meds, took all for AM run (including Mattie from next door), brilliant sunshine, lots of water in drainage ponds from last night's storms, all dogs lively, playing, running ... fed and kenneled, let out again in about an hour, had another run. Then I had to do a bunch of housework and paying bills to do ... by lunchtime, a strong wind had kicked up, sun and clouds played hide and seek all afternoon ... did a bit of branch cutting in the woods, Ginger had a grand time sniffing and snorting in the woods while DB and Banshee dug and Snoopy followed me with her ball (which I threw for her as much as I picked up branches). Clouding up late afternoon, took all dogs for van ride to Fred's and Bilo, (Ginger rides in the front, with her nose glued to the vent to sniff the outside air, Snoopy in back seat with me, DB and Banshee in their crates in the back. Husband drove.) ... big storm blew up while we were sitting in parking lot (husband in store) dogs snoozing peacefully ... followed by a beautiful rainbow. Returned home, rain had swept through our place, ended now, dark, unpacked van, let dogs out, fixed food, fed and kenneled then brought Ginger inside for evening meds and snacks ...  another good day, thank you Lord, and thanks to all of you for your support, prayers, messages and candles ... the one wonderful thing that has come from my
accompanying Ginger on her awful journey is the way I keep seeing God's Hand and feeling His presence ... I remember the very first Sunday Ginger got sick, before I knew what her diagnosis was, the psalm was Psalm 36, 'and God will save both man and beast' ... and there have been so many other signs ... tonights' rainbows among them.



-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment