Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday March 9

Still springtime today ... sunny and low 70's ... husband let dogs out early, Ginger came inside and got AM meds, I then took all dogs (including Mattie again) for a good AM run... then went to work. Husband reports Ginger followed him up and down the hill about six times (he was repairing the dam and hauling dirt with the tractor), then looked tuckered out and wanted to go inside where she snoozed quite a bit. It was quite warm today, all dogs had spring fever and were lolling around, panting. I got home before dark again, took all dogs for evening run, Ginger lively and running beautifully ... oh, I love to watch her run! No quail tonight, but we watched the neighbor in back work one of her horses, which always entertains the dogs ...  Fed and kenneled all, brought Ginger inside for evening meds, scrambled eggs and chicken liver water (Damcat gets some liver water to, yum!) Ginger managed to dip her ears in the liver water, so I had to wash her ears (with the waterless spray shampoo) ... then brushed her as she had some tangles in her feathers. I do wish her fur would grow back, there's a bit of fuzz, but not much ... I was worried in the winter about her being cold, now I'm beginning to worry about possible sunburn and fire ant bites.

Tomorrow Ginger will go to local vet for blood work to see if liver enzymes OK, if so, will go to Greenville Thursday to see if the CCNU brought her nodes down any, if so, will get more chemo. ... Whatever tomorrow will bring, today was another good day for my sweet red girl. Thank you for your messages, prayers, and candles ... let me share one candle message with you all, I thought it was lovely 'For Ginger, who may always run with the wind in her face and love in her heart from one who is praying for her recovery.'  Ah, the wind in her face and love in her heart, yes indeed, that is what I have prayed for, and that is what she has been given...


-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment