Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Feb.19

Warmer today, a beautiful sunny day! Took dogs for good AM run, Ginger very lively, watching her run makes me glad to be alive, on this day, at this time, in this place... gave her AM meds, fed and kenneled went to work ... husband reports she did well today, helped him and worker and hung out with the other dogs ... husband called me mid afternoon, noticed poor DB's nose swollen and took her to vet who gave her antibiotics and said if not better in a week bring her back in...  You may recall Damcat scratched DBs nose about a week ago, apparently got badly infected... I had noticed this AM DB's nose looked 'odd' but it didnt really register. And last night when we got back from Greenville I was tired, and just let the dogs out for an evening run and fed and kenneled them, neglecting to do my 'evening check'... poor DB, paying the price for me not be observant .... please add DB to your prayers also...
Got back this evening after dark, though its staying light longer I stayed later at work trying to catch up... husband had fed and kenneled. Just now brought Ginger in for evening meds and snack, she was very lively, running around me in circles on way from kennel to trailer, jumping for sheer joy ... she's now snoozing at my feet.

I know I sounded disheartened in yesterday's update ... and I was. But as several of you reminded me, the  most important thing is this, that Ginger is happy and lively and having a wonderful time, not how many days we have left together on this plane. Your notes of support, your prayers and good wishes continue to be a wonderful blessing to me, as I strive to continue to 'live each day as if it were my last'.


-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment