Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday Feb.11

Cold but clear this AM, wind had died down. I overslept ... took dogs for brief run, drainage pond frozen, Banshee and Ginger cooperatively broke off pices of ice and shared with other dogs) let Ginger in, gave AM meds, then fed and kenneled and went to work... husband reports Ginger had a good day, ran with the others several times, helped him clean up in the garage ... she checked out every nook and cranny, apparently looking for a mouse, but never found one... for a bird dog, Ginger has a great interest in finding mice, though she leaves the 'dispatching' of them to Banshee and DB. Snoopy has zero interest in mice, well, they're not a 'ball', after all.) Return home after dark, dogs kenneled, Ginger inside, gave PM meds and a snack (canned dog food, as she'd already eaten the eggs I left for her this AM.) She and Damcat competed in catching pieces of cheese I threw them while watching me fix supper, Ginger catches in her mouth, Damcat reaches out a paw and snags in mid air. Ginger's snoozing at my feet right now... its getting chilly in this room and I need to go put on a heavier sweater, but I hate to disturb her ... well, woke her up, brushed her, used the waterless dog shampoo on her ears (where they tend to drag in her food bowl), gave her some ground turkey and broth,  now she's raring to go OUT ... Just looked at the weather report, yuk, possibility of snow tomorrow ... hope I get back from Columbia before it hits, hope we don't lose power ....

Thank you all again for your prayers and candles and support ... One of Ginger's fan club emailed me last night and said 'I think that we are all witnessing a miracle!' .... to me every day I've had Ginger 'back' is a miracle ... and the love and support I've received from my friends ... both my 'real life'
friends and cyberspace friends ... and the way Ginger's fight has touched so many people ... has also been a miracle. We never know when God will touch our lives, or how, but it is clear to me that He has touched mine, and many others, through my sweet red girl.



-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment