Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thursday Jan.21

Thurs Jan 21
Ginger is still at local vet, on IV fluid and antibiotics, giving it til tomorrow to see if white blood count goes high enuf to try the 2d chemo. I didnt see her today as I was in Greenwood, my husband visited her, the vet and staff had told me earlier she was very lively, eager to go outside, barking, they had her in the reception area so she could be around people, but didnt want him to come visit til 5, as they were concerned it'd get her even more agitated when he left. I was so glad they'd found a way of keeping her where she could be around people (she's a 'people' dog, not a 'dog' dog, she prefers being around people, though she gets along fine with dogs (and cats) as long as they can 'run' together (she doesn't like to roughouse with other dogs) My husband says he thinks the lymph masses are smaller and she really wanted to go out (but it was raining). She'd been out in AM for a 10 minutes 'run' in their small enclosed yard. I'm sure she IS going crazy being inside now that she's feeling better. Even with all she is eating she has lost another pound. Tomorrow, we'll know if its possible to try the 2d chemo (to which she has a 50-50 chance of response, according to the oncologist.)

Your continued prayers and support are SO much appreciated. I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support for my sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment