Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thurs Feb.25

Cold and clear in AM, brief run, gave Ginger meds, fed and kenneled,went to work (meeting at 830). Ginger eating hungrily, cheerful. Husband took Ginger to local vet for CBC ... she's gained another pound, up to 47.8 (with her sweater on). Husband says Ginger a bit sleepy during day, but very windy and cold outside. Got results from CBC late afternoon, unfortunately her white blood count is low, less than 1000, FAXed to oncologist who called husband and said keep her on the Clavamox (antibiotics), keep her close to home and not take her around strange dogs to guard against infections, as long as she's still eating well and not lethargic don't worry... but of course, I worry .... stopped by BiLo on way home, got chicken liver, ground chicken, eggs and cottage cheese, got home after dark, dogs kenneled. Let Ginger in, gave her canned food, meds, pureed the liver and cooked some broth, after it cooled gave her (and the Damcat) chicken liver broth, more scrambled egg. She's eating fine... but does seem a bit sleepy, but jumps up and follows me from room to room and outside with no apparent problem... she's snoozing at my feet right now...

Clearly the CCNU is giving her system a beating (white blood count less than 1000 is awful low, normal is 6000 and above) , I just hope it's also giving the lymphoma a beating .... tried to call oncologist, couldnt get through (on hold 10 min) , tried to email, it bounced ... will try again tomorrow, to see if there's anything else I can do (and if the number related to me was correct.) I also need to call the local vet and find out what I can do if she 'crashes' during the weekend, I have sub-cu fluid at home, I really dont want to take her to that emergency vet again unless I really have to...

Thank you all for your continuing prayers and support, it helps so much to know that y'all are 'out there' ....

-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment