Monday, February 8, 2010

Ginger update Mon. Feb.8

Another beautiful sunny but cool day ... AM run, Ginger feeling good, ranging far and wide .... gave AM meds, then fed and kenneled all and went to work. (sorry I missed this beautiful day, this is very difficult, missing any minute of Ginger's life on this plane, but gotta keep working or won't be able to pay for dogfood, much less all these treatments ) ... anyone reading who doesn't have health insurance on their pets, I urge you to get it, I insured my other animals when Ginger took sick, never again do I want money to be a part of my decision making process ... right now, I know I won't be able to buy a better van to transport my dogs this year, hope the old one holds out) Husband reports Ginger wanted her sweatshirt off so she could roll in the grass... return after dark, dogs kenneled, husband gone to town, fed and left kenneled, brought Ginger inside for evening meds. She is super hungry, full of energy, driving me nuts, acting perfectly normal ....  ate scrambled egg, chicken and rice, cottage cheese (all this AFTER her regular supper) and wants more. (And she's being weaned off the pred, down to 1/2 tab AM and PM.) Supposed to get CBC level done Wednesday, that's the presumed low point (7 days after Doxo). She's finally settled down to snooze at my feet. She's filling out nicely too, no longer skin and bones ... if it werent for the fact she was shaved for the ultrasound on her belly and sides and her legs shaved for the IVs, she's be looking almost like herself ... I do wish the hair would regrow, but they tell me it won't during chemo. No problem, except the cold.

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers for my beautiful red girl.
-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment