Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Feb.22

Today started out dismal, not cold but rain ... trying to beat the
downpour, husband let dogs out early, then the deluge came ... and a  sopping wet Ginger came inside while 3 other sopping wet dogs huddled on the porch ... got Ginger halfway dried off, fixed dogs food,husband who was already drenched fed other dogs and kenneled them (by then, of course, the rain had slacked up.)  Gave Ginger AM meds, fed her, then left for work, leaving her inside with husband. Husband reports he let all dogs out after rain slacked off. (and DB's nose is better!) Ginger still lively, ravenous (husband gave her a ham and egg biscuit at lunch as I'd run out of scrambled eggs last night) Returned home well after dark (still trying to get my work caught up) all dogs kenneled,brought Ginger inside at 8 for evening meds and snack (canned dog food), brushed her (her feathers were muddy) and she's now snoozing. I hope the antibiotics she's been on since Sunday ward off the dreaded WBC drop expected by Thursday ... am also giving her Sam-E
and milk thistle (vet recommendation, but I had already on hand) as a liver protectant... don't know what else more I can do at this point except enjoy each day she is with me, and put it in the hands of the Lord ....

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers and messages ... when you tell me my sweet Ginger is beautiful, or that her 'dance through the valley' is bringing you joy and hope, well, I just cant express how much that means to me. Out of the darkness does indeed come the light.


-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment