Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wed. Feb.24

Rain in AM, had to leave early for hearings in Columbia, husband in charge of medicating and feeding dogs, he did admirably! Ginger inside for lunch and thern he let all out when rain slacked up, then let Ginger inside again for a snooze on the couch and some scrambled eggs which I'd left.  When I got home, rain had stopped and there was still an hour of light left, so took all for a run, DB's nose much better and she feels better too, all dogs very playful with Ginger, play bowing and Ginger responding with her 'dance' (she doesnt 'play' much with the other dogs on the order of wrestling or jumping on them, never has,  she just does a little dance where she drums her front feet and then runs off aways.) Did a complete circuit of property, then fed and kenneled everybody. At least we got one good run in! Bought a bunch of canned dog food at the Pet Warehouse in West Columbia (they have TOTW canned on 'sale' it's quite good food, grainfree, also Chicken Soup for Pet Lovers Soul canned which I cant get locally which is also a pretty good canned food and about half the price of Wellness CORE. I'm trying to give Ginger at least one can a day, plus her Wellness kibble and scrambled eggs. The reason I'm mentioning brand names is cause several of you have asked what brands I'm feeding ... I'm trying to give Ginger extra protein as a cancer diet is high in protein and fat, and little or no grain  or carbohydrates ... and I'm leery of raw for an immune suppressed dog.) While at Pet Warehouse I also picked up a new scratching pad for the Damcat as he's finished off the last refill on the one he's been using, and he's been scratching at other things (like chair legs, AND my leg ... clearly time for a fresh scratch pad! The Damcat's latest escapade last night was killing one of my computer Net connection, he took a nap on top of the router, and now there's a 'cable disconnected', but neither husband or I can figure out which cable...  not being a cat, it hadn't occurred to me it was a nice warm place for a nap with a nice 'humming vibration' to it.

Thanks for the suggestions on altering Ginger's fleeces to fit, I particularly like the idea of cutting it down and getting new velcro that sticks on... no sewing involved are magic words to me! Will look for some sticky velcro tomorrow, hopefully.

Tomorrow Ginger will go to local vet for CBC check... tomorrow begins the dreaded 7-14 day blood count nadir from the CCNU treatment last week... keep us in your prayers and thoughts tomorrow.
-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment