Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thursday Feb.4

Thurs Feb. 4
Ginger very lively this AM! Husband let dogs out as I wasn't feeling well (I think the stress of yesterday wore me down), she burst out of pen, ran to trailer, husband let her in and she jumped into bed with me. Got up, gave her meds, dressed, took dogs for AM run, picked up poison poop (the chemo excretes in poop for 48 hrs) fed... got a migraine and had to lay down again. Finally made it to work. Husband reports Ginger did well today, eating great, no nausua, cold damp day but dogs 'helped' husband work on road over drainage ditch (which is caving in), rolled in grass and had a great time. Return home after dark, husband had fed and kenneled dogs ... let Ginger in for evening meds at 8 PM, disaster ... (if you are offended by poop, you can stop reading here)

husband had her inside with diaper before he fed and kenneled dogs and forgot to remove diaper (one of her 'pants' with pad) when he let her out and of course she had taken a poop. So here I am with a dog with diaper full of poison poop (I dont mind poopy diapers, its the poison part that bothers me). Meantime, Damcat comes into kitchen and throws up (I ran out of his regular cat food and gave him another brand.) Had husband hold Ginger, cleaned up cat mess, put on rubber gloves, disposed of poop, wiped off Ginger as best I could with paper towels and doggy wipes,(unfortunately poop was very soft), disposed of those, disposed of gloves,put on new pair, took Ginger into tub, washed her off, (with husbands help, fortunately Ginger likes being bathed) dried her, rediapered her, put towels and bathmats in washer, removed rubber gloves and disposed of them, then gave evening meds (plus some of the Flagyl the vet had given in case of diarrhea, I don't know if this counts or not, but she's going to have to be either in the kennel or house tomorrow , its supposed to pour rain all day and I wont be here and I cant take any chances). If she's in the house there's nowhere outside thats covered so she can go out, I think she'll be better off in the kennel, where she has her dog house and the pen area is covered, at least she can get out to take care of business under cover .... Poor Ginger, none of this was her fault, she is so patient and sweet, and she apparently 'held it' til husband let her out and kenneled her. At least no nausua yet, and hopefully we can make it through tomorrow (after 48 hrs the Doxy will all be excreted so no more poison poop, just plain poop.) Ginger is now curled up quietly snoozing at my feet.

Prayers are greatly needed, God give me strength to carry on, help Ginger not have any bad side effects and help us through tomorrow ....

No comments:

Post a Comment