Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sat Feb.20

A beautiful day! Spring like temperatures, in the low 70's, sunny, just a superb day ... One reason I started these daily updates was  to record each day before it was lost in the blur of 'yesterdays' ... to remind myself that each day counts, each day is special ... and today was a foretaste of spring ... so Ginger had snow last Saturday and Spring today... what a wonderful blessing!

Today she is bright and lively, running , ears flying, no sweatshirt, she and the other dogs rolled in the grass, pointed (or chased) birds, lazed on the porch in the sun for naps, followed husband and worker, followed me on the mower, played ball, helped me do yardwork, just a wonderful day. Ginger's appetite is still ravenous, after she ate her supper, she tried to steal Snoopy's supper tonight .... husband was in her pen rearranging the bedding and heating pad in her house, left gate open, Ginger slides out and goes between my legs into Snoopy's pen, where  I was just putting down her food dish ... poor Snoop backed off quickly and Ginger dove headfirst into Snoopy's bowl... oh well, what the heck, I let her eat some and then replenished Snoopy's. DB's nose still swollen badly, but doesnt appear to bother her, my sweet natured DB, still holding herself in check when she and Ginger run together, so Ginger can 'win' ... (Ginger is running well now, but at about 80% speed, and 50% endurance ... she will do about a 3/4 circuit of the property at a good speed, then slow down)

Thank all of you for your prayers and support, and for letting me know of the pictures you have in your mind of Ginger's journey ... the feeling of connection and community Ginger's 'dance through the valley of the shadow of death' has brought about is an amazing and powerful gift which I will carry in my heart always.

-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment