Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sunday Jan.17

Sun Jan 17

Weekend vet called this AM. Ginger is eating well 'she loved her canned food', her renal function is now 'high end normal' (creatinine 1.4 ) but the calcium level is the same as yesterday. The vet is going to add Lasix 'hoping that will bring calcium down' . The last chemo was Thursday. Apparently they wait a week to do 2d round and use a different chemo drug and some dogs respond to one but not the other. She is not an oncologist so said couldnt answer my questions about specifics. The oncologist will be there Monday. I still dont quite grasp at what point it can be determined if the chemo is working, I guess I'd thought we'd know more quickly than this. At least she is now eating well and is not sick (nauseous) or in pain.

Thank you for your continuing prayers and support. My other dogs (and cat) are doing better, I don't know if its that they understand whats going on or if they have just decided Ginger is gone ... but I remember my Damcat mourned the loss of my other cat, Callie,and didnt accept that she was gone until I brought her ashes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment