Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Jan.16

Sat Jan 16

My husband and I went to Greenville this AM (left at 6 AM, got back 1130) to
visit Ginger. She is stable, but the calcium level is the same. She is 'clinically'
much improved . she is eating some now, we got to walk outside and she
alerted to birds.ears up, in 'setter stance', straining on leash. She is still my
Ginger, wagging her tail, kissing my face, sitting for treats (and she now
takes treats again)but this is an outside hunting dog she does not belong in a
hospital but she is being very brave and stoic. Her kidney function is improved
as the IV fluid is working. But if the calcium level doesnt drop that means the
cancer isnt responding, this happens quicker in dogs than people. I will know
more from tomorrows bloodwork.

I no longer feel Ginger may think I've abandoned her, she made that perfectly
clear. The staff at the hospital are very knowledgeable and good with
animals, I dont think she is in any pain or discomfort (except of course the IV
tubes bother her and she has to wear an ecollar when not monitored. she is
not apparently bothered by that, as some of my other dogs would be.)

Your continued prayers and support are appreciated. I believe in miracles and
the power of prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment