Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wed Jan.27

Wed Jan 27
Another good day for my sweet Ginger, though I had to go to work so missed most of it... it was cold this AM, (20's), Ginger had spent the night in the now heating pad heated kennel. Let all dogs out, they were all bursting with energy, of course, the routuine used to be I let Ginger out first and she'd take off and run a complete circuit of the property by the time the other dogs and I made it down the hill ... now, though, she just stuck close to the rest of us in the yard area, then wanted to go in the trailer, so let her in, gave her a morning half can of food and her meds, did a brief run with the others, came back up, got the rest of the food then cleaned the pens and rekenneled them all. (I feed her a bit more with the other dogs/) Running late so went to work. The oncologist vet called around lunch to see how she was doing, the 'plan' now is (God willing) to take her to the local vet Tuesday andget her bloodwork and FAX to him to see if she can do the 3rd round chemo on Wed (has to be done at the oncologist as it is injection). He was surprised she was doing so well, I could tell ... I asked what she could eat and he said 'anything she wants'.

Husband reports that he let them all out again, gave Ginger some scrambled egg around 1030, she then slept inside an hour or so, went back out, and basically hung out with the rest of the pack (and my husband and his worker who were fixing electrical in the garage) all day, he let her in again around 130, gave her cottage cheese and the other half can food. She is eating well, just acting like a member of the pack, he says. When I got home it was dark, all dogs kenneled (fed and kenneled at dark). I brought Ginger inside at 8 PM to take her evening meds and gave her a half can food and some cooked ground chicken. She was exuberant when she came in, jumped up, put her legs on my shoulders and gave me a big kiss. (Yeah, I know, I dont encourage this uninvited, but hey.) She's now settled down beside me at the comupter, sleeping.

I still cant find an Xtra large dog shirt locally, so I got another sweatshirt (the smallest I could find was medium women's ) green, cut off the arms for her. I wonder why I cant find ANY children's sweatshirt at the stores today (had to stick to the ones I passed on the way home, General Dollar and Fred's, as it was late and I wanted to get HOME and see my Ginger.

Again and again, thank you all for your prayers and support. I KNOW this is helping Ginger (and me). Through the grace of God, she's had 5 good days at home with her animal and human family, is cheerful, lively, loving and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment