Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Feb.15

Rain only, no snow! Managed to get in an AM run before it started raining, give Ginger her meds and feed and kennel all dogs... I, of course, got wet coming back from kennels, but dogs are warm and dry... mid afternoon, the sun came out! Beautiful, if windy ... got in a good run. Ginger feeling chipper today, still eating ravenously and running! DB even 'played' with her today (first time since she took sick) ... playbowed, did a brief 'dance' (Ginger has never been one to wrestle or rough house with the other dogs, but she will do  playbow and dance from side to side, briefly ...)  Well, today, DB invited her to 'dance'.  I'm still in awe of how the other dogs have been so sweet to Ginger, monitoring her activity level in the first few days back home, standing aside for her to go in and out of the house, seeming for all the world to understand what is going on and trying to 'help' her. One of my big concerns to begin with was the effect this would have on the rest of our pack ... yes, they treat her differently now, but with respect and love.

Brought Ginger inside for evening meds and snacks (canned dog food, scrambled egg) , she's now laying in the doorway to my 'computer room', half in and half in the hall, monitoring both me and husband (who's in the shower) to see which will emerge first and provide ... more snacks!

Wow, I've been online trying to find dog clothing, amazing how much it is for an 'XL' dog (if they even have XL). I never even thought about this until Ginger was shaved (abdomen and up her sides) for the ultrasound, I've put bandanas and fancy collars on my dogs, but never clothes ... If I could sew, I'd go into the dog clothing business ... any sewers out there? We're having a discussion on one of my dog cancer lists on how much this all costs (a bunch), the chemo and hospitalizations and special foods and meds .... and clothes (not all dogs have to have ultrasounds of their tummies, of course, only if the abdominal nodes are involved ... and apparently the hair won't regrow during chemo) Again, if you don't have health insurance for your pets, my advice is to get it!

Your prayers, candles, support and love are my daily blessing ... thank you, again and again.

-----
Mary Lou
DB,Banshee,Ginger and Snoopy(dogs)
Damcat
Callie in spirit (04/90-06/07)
http://marylouandcompanions.blogspot.com/
http://gingeroftheflyingears.blogspot.com/


Another snow picture from Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment