Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Jan.23

Sat Jan 23
Doing OK. Had an accident last nite Ginger went out at 1230, 230, 430. Then she wanted to get on the bed, it is too high for her now to get on herself my DH lifted her up, she went to sleep. 630 she walked across me to my DH and nuzzled him and he said go back to sleep. She did and had an accident. Have to buy new mattress. DH has gone to town to buy one. I didnt realize shed have to go out every 2 hrs, she does warn us (ask) but since she was in the bed with us I didnt wake up sufficieintly to understand. I have had her out several times today, kenneled her briefly next to the other dogs (to feed) then later let her out with one dog (snoopy). She is so frail I'm scared to let her out with all 3 at a time as they are so boisterous and I cant watch all of them at a time. Snoopy is the less aggressive dog and primarily interested in playing ball. I've got her in an old sweatshirt of mine that was (believe it or not) too small for me, with the arms cut short. I just cant keep her outside that long she starts shivering. She does NOT like being in a shirt, but, as always, is very patient and accepting. Would we all be so patient. She did trot down the hill with Snoopy and I and trot back up, not a run but a trot, the beautiful Irish setter legs liftying proud trot ... then wanted to go back inside where she fell asleep. She would eat everything in sight but the vet said just give her 1 can AM and PM (Hills kidney diet, very low protein). I've also given her a bully stick, a bunch of chicken treats (very small) and all these meds they have her on (2 antibiotics, prednisone, pepcid) and my supplements. Its supposed to rain all day tomorrow, that should be unpleasant. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment