Saturday, February 6, 2010

Friday Jan.22

Fri Jan 22

The blood work this AM showed the white blood count still too low so
2d chemo not possible. The vet is discharging Ginger this afternoon. I
will pick her up and bring her home. I have not actually talked to the
vet, she is off today but came in to read the bloodwork and consult
with oncologist by phone. I do not know the other blood work levels
(like the calcium and kidney values.) If Ginger is still hanging in by
Tuesday I am to take her back in to check the blood again. If her
condition deteriorates rapidly I will help her across the bridge.If I learn
anything new from the vet this afternoon I will let you know.

If anyone has ideas on anything I can do this weekend to help bring
her white blood cells up let me know. I want to do everything within
my power to see if I can help her beat this she has tried so hard.

Thank you for continued prayers and support. Please include my other
dogs and cat in your prayers, this is affecting them also, I have
tried to keep them informed and not be upset around them but they
know.
Brought Ginger home from vet around 4 PM. Let her walk around a bit then took
her inside, let the other dogs out for evening run, of course they
wanted to see Ginger (as they simply circled around where she'd been
instead of heading off down the hill) so I kenneled them per usual
then brought Ginger out to her kennel, fed them all and left them for
about an hour. I am leery of letting them all loose together, these
are large boisterous outside dogs, and Ginger was shaking. Leaving
them quietly in their kennels, she stopped shaking. I then went out
and brought her inside. I will try her with the other dogs tomorrow
probably one at a time if I can manage it.

Ginger is very lively, in good spirits, the vet staff is amazed by
her. She is also skin and bone, dropped another 2 lbs, (now 36.8 lbs) tho eating like
crazy. I have a Tshirt on her because she looks cold, also she is so
skinny and has been shaved and it makes me sad every time I look at
her which I dont think is good for her or for me. There were no X-L
dog shirts available in town and her chest is too large (just the bone
structure) for Large so its one of my shirts with the excess material
rubberbanded .

She is on antibiotics, prednisone, pepcid, I've added a supplement K9
immunity which is supposed to build immune system. I also have all my
dogs (and humans) on astragulus and Vit C, I will up hers.

Her renal function is normal (no idea how long that will last since
she is now off IV fluids) Her calcium level still high 13.4, her white
blood count 3.3 with neutrophils .87
I will try the Reiki white light.
Thank you all for your continued prayers (I think this has kept her going as long as she has and kept her in good spirits, her spirit continues to amaze e?veryone who comes in contact with her) and support and input on things to try.

I am going to do my darndest to make this weekend (and any more time we have) wonderful for Ginger, lots of love, lots of treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment