Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tuesday Jan.19

Tues Jan 19

Talked to the oncology vet this AM. Ginger's calcium still high. He said her white blood count too low to do 2d chemo today. I asked his thoughts on bringing her home on no fluids (except sub-cu which I could do) he said in his opinion that was a mistake, she needed to be on the fluid if the 2d chemo would have a chance of working. I asked if she could come home to my town and be at a vet there on fluids, he said certainly, he'd give me the chemo (pills) and he'd work with the vet. I have several vets here, the one that was open today I contacted and they said OK. So late this afternoon I went to Greenville (I was already halfway there as I work in Greenwood) and got my Ginger. She is bright, cheerful but still oh so skinny, but very glad to see me. I finally got her home, (we stopped once to pee, there were other adventures that I may detail later) she greeted my husband, ate a bunch of food, drank, and went to sleep on her couch.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I am praying she'll be able to get the next chemo and that it will work to bring her calcium down. The lymph swelling is diminished from what it was Saturday but still swollen. I am also praying that she'll be able to come home after a few more days IV fluid. But we've gotten this far. The vet put her chances at about 50-50 for the next dose to work. I figured that was worth a shot. And I just couldnt stand leaving her way up there any longer.
Thank you all for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment