Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wed Jan.20

Wed Jan 20

We had a good night last night (though she had to go out to pee 3x)
ate a lot last night and this AM, was fine with the Damcat, trotted
(not ran, but a trot!) around the yard (but did not run like the wind
down the hill). I let the other dogs out for their run, then kenneled
them, then took Ginger out and she went to her kennel (next to the
others). I then fed them all (Ginger again) I am leery of letting her
and the others loose together as she is so frail but I wanted them to
see her and vice versa. I then took Ginger to the vet in Aiken to get
back on IV fluids. This was very difficult to do, I wanted to keep her
home. But I need to see if she can get the 2d chemo treatment and if
it will work. If I keep her off the fluids too long it will lessen her
chances is my understanding. But taking her to the local vet and
leaving her again was very hard. (Though Ginger, bless her, did not
show any fear, (except of 2 little poodles who were yapping), greeted
everyone in the lobby including 2 cats, was told she was a beautiful
brave good girl (I had to explain what was wrong as she is shaved and
looks pathetic) and then trotted off with the vet tech perfectly
cheerfully. Ginger is much braver than I am:-)


Later Wednesday
Talked to local vet, she had done bloodwork, white blood count still low, and FAXed to oncology vet. He later called back and said add antibiotics to the IV in the hopes this will raise the white blood count so she can tolerate the chemo. Vet was surprised at how lively Ginger is, said she certainly doesnt act like a dog with terminal cancer, and what a magnificent spirit she has , and she can certainly understand why I want to give her this last chance. All these people who have said how beautiful and wonderful Ginger is , I wish they could have met her 2 weeks ago. ....
maybe our prayers will be answered and we will get a remission, and this sweet girl will have some more time on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment